Not many dishes tick as many boxes as this delicious Chinese Chicken Salad. Traditionally served with noodles, this adapted Asian dish is packed with seasonal colours and flavours. This is one of our favourite healthy gluten free recipes – and what’s more, it’s sugar free, dairy free and gluten free! It’s the perfect recipe to suit every guest at your summer gathering, a work lunch or just for a quick and healthy evening meal if you have a restricted diet.
Cook Time: 30 mins
Here’s a recipe fit for any summer get together. This is one of the more healthy gluten free recipes, sugar free and dairy free too! Discover more.
What you'll need
For the salad:
- 6 chicken thighs, on the bone (600g approx.)
- ½ red cabbage
- ½ green cabbage
- 3 x romaine lettuce bunches
- 6 spring onions
- 3 carrots
- 6-8 satsumas or clementines
For the dressing:
- 60ml of extra virgin olive oil
- 60ml of cider vinegar
- 3 tablespoons of sesame oil
- 3 tablespoons of white sesame seeds
- 1 tablespoon of salt
- 1 teaspoon of crushed black pepper
- Juice of 1 satsuma or clementine
- Start by preheating your oven to 180 degrees centigrade
- Dry roast your chicken thighs for approx. 30 minutes, ensure that the juices run clear
- Roughly tear and shred the meat from the thighs and leave to cool.
- Finely slice your cabbage.
- Finely slice your lettuce.
- Trim off both ends of your spring onion and finely slice.
- Peel and grate your carrots.
- Peel your satsumas or clementines, remove all the outer pith and segment.
- Add all of the above along with your cooled chicken into a large serving bowl.
- Add all of the ingredients listed above into a glass jar and shake until well blended.
- Pour over your salad and serve.
This is definitely one of the simpler, healthier gluten free chicken recipes. The perfect choice if you are looking for gluten free, sugar free and/or dairy free meals to serve up this summer – a limited diet doesn’t mean limited flavour!
All the ingredients to make this and other delicious gluten free meals, plus a range of free from snacks and alternatives are available at your nearest convenience store.